The compact and agile card printer
Encoding: Magnetic stripes, Smart contact, Smart contactless
Card lifespan: 1-3 years
Number of cards per year: Between 500 and 5,000
Card security level: High
The Zenius printer is designed for single sided printing of a very large variety of plastic cards. Zenius generates color or monochrome cards, individually or in small runs, with top quality results. Zenius is a user-friendly, compact and cost-effective solution for delivering your personalized cards.
Magnetic stripes encoding kit (USD 410), No Encoding option, Smart contact station kit (USD 325), Smart contactless
|Number of cards per year||
Between 500 and 5,000
|Card Security Level||
User-friendly, compact and cost-effective solution
The Zenius printer is designed for single-sided printing of any type of plastic cards.
Zenius generates color or monochrome cards, individually or in small runs, with top quality results.
Zenius is ideal for instant issuance of single sided cards:
As part of our eco-design system aimed at reducing the environmental footprint of our products, Evolis:
- uses recycled materials in the manufacture of our printers and consumables whenever possible,
- designs compact and lightweight printers to reduce CO2 emissions from transportation and packaging,
- reduces the power consumption of its printers (ErP Directive 2009) through a very economical hibernation mode.
Compact, easy to use and professional
Zenius printers produce professional results thanks to the 300 dpi resolution and edge to edge printing. Your logos, photos, barcodes and text are rendered perfectly on your cards, conveying a positive image of your organization.
Zenius packs all its advanced features into a very small footprint. Hardly larger than a standard sheet of paper, Zenius is also very quiet – 46 decibels in operation – and fits perfectly into any environment, be it the office or a customer service counter.
Ease of use
Zenius was designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
- You insert your cards individually or use the automatic feeder, and the final product is delivered on the front of the printer.
- With the Evolis Premium Suite® software you can receive notifications and easily control the printer from your computer.
- Evolis High Trust® ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
On demand printing
Zenius was developed specifi cally for printing cards individually or in small runs. You can print as needed, when needed, in quantities that are right for you. Zenius can print a color card in 30 seconds and up to 150 color cards per hour, so you and your customers don’t have to wait.
A long term vision
Zenius is incredibly flexible. Suitable for multiple applications, the «Expert» version of the printer features combinable encoding functions: magnetic encoding, contact and contactless chips. It takes just a few minutes to install these modules!
Zenius printers undergo quality and compliance testing to guarantee their robustness and performance, so you can be sure that your investment will last. What’s more, Evolis offers an extended warranty option for extra peace of mind.
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- Single-sided printing, edge-to-edge
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 million colors
- 16MB memory (RAM), 32 MB for the Expert version
- Colors available: fire red & grey brown
- Color (YMCKO): 120 – 150 cards/hour1
- Monochrome: 400 – 500 cards/hour
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules on the Expert version:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816-2
- Contact smart card encoder – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1
- Contactless smart card encoder – ISO 14443A, B, ISO15693, Mifare, DesFire, HID iCLASS
- Other specific encoders upon request
- Internal USB ports
- Options can be combined
- Factory-installed or installed on-site
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led) on the Expert version
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding
- Printer LEDs
- Graphical notifications from the printer2: cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert, etc.
Card management and specifications
- Automatic or manual feeding
- Feeder capacity: 50 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 20 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 0.76 mm (10 to 30 mil), gauge adjustment
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- Composite PVC cards
- PET cards
- ABS cards1
- Special varnished cards1
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
Evolis High Trust® ribbons
To maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- Automatic identification and setting
- Delivered in a drop-in cassette for easy handling
- Ribbon saver for monochrome printing
- Delivered with Evolis Premium Suite® for Windows®:
- Printer driver
- Evolis Print Center for printer administration and settings
- Evolis Printer Manager for graphical notification3
- 24/7 online support
- Compatible with Windows® (32/64 bits): XP SP3, Vista,W7, W8, W10
- Delivered with cardPresso XXS Lite for designing and editing badges:
- Internal database up to 50 records
- Windows® (from XP onwards) and Mac OS X
- Delivered with a driver for Mac OS X (from 10.5 onwards)
- Linux OS upon request
- Evolis Premium SDK for remote supervision of the printer, while facilitating and speeding up integrationinto IT systems
Eco-friendly design, certifications and statement of compliance
- Standby, sleep modes & reduced energy consumption
- CE, FCC, IEC, VCCI, CCC, KC, BIS, EAC
Size and weight
- Size (H x W x D): 195 x 205 x 315 mm (7.68’’ x 8.07’’ x 12.4’’)
- Weight: 3.3kg (7.3lbs)
- One year warranty (printer and printhead)
- Warranty extension available as an option
1 Under specific conditions / 2 Depends on the Windows® version / 3 Requires the .net 4.0 client profile version / 4 Warranty subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® ribbons.