Tattoo Rewrite Basic Printer
The next-generation printer for rewritable cards
Optional Encoding: Magnetic stripes, Smart contactless (Additional)
Card lifespan: 1-3 years
Number of cards per year: Between 5,000 and 30,000
Card security level: Standard
|Number of cards per year||
Between 5,000 and 30,000
|Card Security Level||
The best solution for temporary cards and badges
Tattoo RW is an Evolis printer for single-sided rewritable cards.
It effortlessly matches all your expectations when it comes to flexibility, affordability, sustainable development, and regular data updates.
Tattoo RW is the ultimate solution for your temporary badges and cards that require regular updates.
With Tattoo RW, your cards are updated whenever required, while a same card can be erased, revised and printed anew up to 500 times.
It is the ideal solution to revise and reprint within seconds:
- visitor’s details on an access control badge,
- transit passes,
- passes for ski and holiday resorts,
- student IDs,
- membership cards with subscription details,
- loyalty cards with the updated number of points, as well as applicable special offers.
Reprint and update data
You can deliver a new card anytime it is required!
The erase/write cycle is extremely fast and you can erase, encode, and reprint new data in a matter of seconds.
Now with Tattoo RW, data encoded on magnetic stripes or on contactless chips can also be displayed and updated on the card surface. For example, loyalty points can be printed on a card and updated at each checkout.
Save money and protect the environment
A cost-efficient solution
This revolutionary rewritable technology requires no ribbon, which translates into valuable savings. No need to throw away your cards each time you need an update: erase and reprint only updated data on your existing card!
Tattoo RW adheres to sustainable development. It uses rewritable cards and requires no ribbon:
Tattoo RW helps you reduce your environmental footprint.
- Direct thermal printing and erasing on rewritable material
- Maximum print area: 48 mm x 76 mm (1.89’’ x 2.99’’)
- 300 dpi print head for premium quality printing (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 MB RAM
- Detachable feeder with a capacity of 100 cards (0.76 mm or 30 mil)
- Detachable output hopper with a capacity of 15 cards (0.76 mm or 30 mil)
- 1-Button and 4-LED control panel
- White body, brilliant blue cover
- HiCo/LoCo Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 or JIS2
- Contactless encoder ISO14443A & B, Mifare, DesFire (USB connection)
Erasing & Printing performances
- 8 seconds (manual)
- 12 seconds (card feeder)
- 3-Track ISO magnetic encoding: 4 seconds per card
Card managment and specifications
- Manual card insertion and delivery or card-feeder insertion and delivery to removable hopper
- Automated mode: selects a card from the feeder if no card is inserted manually
- Card thickness: 0.5 mm to 0.76 mm (20 to 30 mil)
- Card types: rewritable thermochromic material
– Mitsubishi Black & Blue
– Ricoh upon request
– Other material upon request and validation
- Card format: CR-80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm –
2.125’’ x 3.37’’)
- Windows® (32/64 bits): XP SP3, Vista, W7, W8, W10
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0), cable supplied
Certifications and statement of compliance
- CE, FCC, ICES, VCCI, CCC, KC, BIS
Size and weight
- Size (H x W x D):
– Without output hopper:
166 x 187 x 290 mm (6.54’’ x 7.36’’ x 11.42’’)
– With output hopper:
166 x 187 x 368 mm (6.54’’ x 7.36’’ x 14.49’’)
- Weight: 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs)
- One year on the printer and print head.
1 / Depending on the printer model / 2 Warranty Subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® consumables. An insertion is equivalent to printing a card on one side, or encoding it.